Mastering “Neither… nor” and “Either… or” in English: Part 5 – Either without or
Using either
to agree with someone in the negative
Sometimes either is used to show agreement in the negative. If someone tells you about a negative opinion/ feeling, they can use the word “either” to show that you feel the same way.
Example
Person A: “I don’t understand Greek.”
Person B:
“I don’t understand it either.”
Person A: “I don’t like spinach.”
Person B: “I don’t like it either.”
Using too to
agree with someone
If someone tells
you about a positive opinion/ feeling, they can use the word “too” to show that you
feel the same way.
Person A: “I understand Greek.”
Person B:
“I understand Greek too.”
Person A: “I like spinach.”
Person B: “I like it too.”
Found this tutorial useful?
See the complete index of our free tutorials for more.
Want to learn more about Owl's Bilingual Academy or interested in private
lessons?
Take things further
Buy our course to put what you've learned into practice. See the course overview to
learn more about the course or browse the full course catalogue.
Stay up to date with new lessons and courses
Follow us on Gumroad for news and updates on Owl's Bilingual Academy.
Support us
Enjoyed this lesson? Leave a comment, or share it with a friend — it
helps more learners find us and keeps me making more lessons.
© 2025 Owl's Bilingual Academy. You’re welcome to share or adapt this for non-commercial use, as long as you give credit. Please don’t sell it or claim it as your own.

Comments
Post a Comment